About Summer Japan
The Summer Japan Seminar is packed with incredible opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students looking to expand their international business education outside of the traditional classroom. While traveling abroad, students will learn about Japanese culture, history, customs, politics, and international business practices. Most importantly, students will observe how these business practices are different from the United States.
6/21 - 7/3/2023
Tokyo and Kyoto
Sample Seminar Itinerary
• Depart USA
• Arrive Tokyo and transfer to hotel
• Welcome Dinner and Program Orientation
• Business Visit: U.S. Embassy – Commercial Services Economic Briefing
• Business Visit: Amazon Japan – E-commerce and Cloud Computing
• Tokyo Half Day Walking Tour – Meiji Shrine, Harajuku, and Shibuya
• Transfer by Ferry to Odaiba
• Business Visit: Weber Grills Japan with Outdoor BBQ Dinner
• Free Day to Explore Tokyo
• Business Visit: Nissan Factory Tour – Automobile Manufacturing
• Business Visit: Yamato Transport Chronogate – Logistics and Operations
• Transfer to Tokyo Railway Station and Travel by Bullet Train to Kyoto
• Transfer to the Kyoto Hotel
• Higashiyama Walking Tour- Kiyomizu Temple & Yasaka Shrine
• Business Visit: Nintendo – Gaming and Innovation
• Business Visit: Rohm Semiconductor – Cutting-edge Technology
• Business Visit: Kawasaki Heavy Industries – Rolling Stock Heavy Manufacturing
• Business Visit: Panasonic – Electronics
• Travel to Hiroshima by Bullet Train
• Hiroshima Peace Museum – UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Ferry to Miyajima – UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Travel back to Kyoto by Bullet Train
• Free Day to Explore Kyoto
• Hozugawa River Cruise to Arashiyama
• Bamboo forest, historic bridges, iconic temples and monkey park
• Shabu Shabu Farewell Dinner and Wrap up Session
• Depart for USA or Start Independent Travel
Stay in Tokyo and Kyoto and visit Hiroshima.
Experience cultural activities, free time to explore, and a variety of outdoor excursions.
Participate in city tours to see the most well-known attractions, including the Meiji Shrine, Harajuku, Kiyomizu Temple, and more.
Learn from business executives at global companies such as the US Embassy Tokyo, Amazon, Nintendo, Kawasaki, and more.
View international business practices in a variety of industries, including finance, marketing, economics, and more.
Experience an opportunity to network with global executives, like-minded students, and university professors.
Stay in 4-star hotels with front-lobby security.
Enjoy pre-departure advising as well as faculty support to ensure you are prepared before and throughout the seminar.
IBS organizes all your travel details to allow you to focus on learning from business leaders, building relationships, and enjoying your free time.
During the program
International company seminars
Experienced and dedicated US faculty leaders to provide guidance, insight, and direction
4-star hotel accommodations; shared room with private facilities (single room options may be available at supplemental cost)
Sightseeing and unique activities
Transportation from location to location
Travel and medical/accident insurance
Daily breakfast buffet
24-hour emergency support
International airfare, arrangements, and airport pickup (optional)
Personal advisor to help you with questions, concerns, processes
Easy online access to academic reading materials, travel tips, and program itinerary
Luggage tags and an allowance for a checked luggage item
After returning home
Access to our Alumni & Professional Network
Receive an Alumni Scholarship for a future IBS program
Gain valuable business experience for your resume and career