About Winter Japan
The Winter Japan Seminar is packed with incredible opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students looking to expand their international business education outside of the traditional classroom. While traveling abroad, students will learn about Japanese culture, history, customs, politics, and international business practices. Most importantly, students will observe how these business practices are different from the United States.
12/28/2021 - 1/8/2022
Tokyo, Hiroshima & Osaka
• Depart USA
• Arrive Tokyo and transfer to hotel
• Welcome Dinner and Program Orientation
• Business Visit: U.S. Embassy – Commercial Services Economic Briefing
• Business Visit: en world Japan – Labor Market in Japan
• Business Visit: Yamato Transport Chronogate – Logistics and Operations
• Weber Grills Japan with BBQ Lunch
• Afternoon free to explore Odaiba
• Tokyo Half Day Tour – Meiji Shrine, Harajuku, and Shibuya
• Afternoon free to explore Tokyo
• Disney Sea Marketing Scavenger Hunt
• Travel by Bullet Train to Osaka
• Transfer to the Osaka Hotel
• Osaka Minami Walking Tour- Namba & Shinseikai
• Travel to Hiroshima by Bullet Train
• Hiroshima Peace Museum w/ Speaker – UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Ferry to Miyajima – UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Return to Osaka by Bullet Train
• Business Visit: Kawasaki Heavy Industries – Rolling Stock Heavy Manufacturing
• Business Visit: Humans of Wagyu – Entrepreneur Spotlight
• Business Visit: D:matcha – Sustainability in Japanese Tea Production
• Group Lunch at Farm-to-Table Cafe
• Business Visit: Capcom – Gaming and Innovation
• Free day to enjoy Osaka
• Farewell Dinner and Wrap up Session
• Return to USA
Sample Seminar Itinerary
Stay in Tokyo and Kyoto and visit Hiroshima.
Experience cultural activities, free time to explore, and a variety of outdoor excursions.
Participate in city tours to see the most well-known attractions, including the Meiji Shrine, Harajuku, Kiyomizu Temple, and more.
Learn from business executives at global companies such as the US Embassy Tokyo, Kawasaki, and more.
View international business practices in a variety of industries, including finance, marketing, economics, and more.
Experience an opportunity to network with global executives, like-minded students, and university professors.
Stay in 3 to 4-star hotels with front-lobby security.
Enjoy pre-departure advising as well as faculty support to ensure you are prepared before and throughout the seminar.
IBS organizes all your travel details to allow you to focus on learning from business leaders, building relationships, and enjoying your free time.
During the program
International company seminars
Experienced and dedicated US faculty leaders to provide guidance, insight, and direction
3 to 4-star hotel accommodations; shared room with private facilities (single room options may be available at supplemental cost)
Sightseeing and unique activities
Transportation from location to location
Travel and medical/accident insurance
Daily breakfast buffet
24-hour emergency support
International airfare, arrangements, and airport pickup (optional)
Personal advisor to help you with questions, concerns, processes
Easy online access to academic reading materials, travel tips, and program itinerary
Luggage tags and an allowance for a checked luggage item
After returning home
Access to our Alumni & Professional Network
Receive an Alumni Scholarship for a future IBS program
Gain valuable business experience for your resume and career