Winter Southeast Asia
The Winter Southeast Asia Seminar provides unique opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students looking to expand their international business education outside of the traditional classroom. While traveling abroad, students will learn about Thai and Vietnamese culture, history, customs, politics, and international business practices. Most importantly, students will observe how these business practices are different from the United States.
12/31/2022 - 1/12/2023
Bangkok, Thailand &
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Take a look at what our Digital Ambassadors' experience on Winter Southeast Asia!
December 28, 2020
• Depart USA
December 29, 2020
• Transpacific flight
December 30, 2020
• Arrive in Bangkok
• Check in to Hotel
• Meet and Greet
December 31, 2020
• Welcome Orientation
• Business Visit: American Chamber of Commerce Thailand – Economic Overview & U.S. Foreign Direct Investments
• Bangkok City Tour
January 1, 2021
• Day Tour of Maeklong Train Market and Damnoen Floating Market
January 2, 2021
• Free day to enjoy Bangkok
January 3, 2021
• Business Visit: PTT
• Business Visit: IKEA Thailand – Supply Chain
January 4, 2021
• Travel by flight to Ho Chi Minh City
• Check in to Hotel
• Vietnamese Street Food Walking Tour
January 5, 2021
• Business Visit: US Commercial Service Vietnam – Economic Briefing & Services to U.S. Companies
• Business Visit: Intel –Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property
January 6, 2021
• Business Visit: Osprey Packs Headquarters – Design, Development, Sourcing and Administration
• Business Visit: Osprey Packs Production Facility – Innovation and Manufacturing
January 7, 2021
• Cu Chi Tunnels Adventure Tour
January 8, 2021
• Free day to enjoy Ho Chi Minh City
• Wrap Up Session and Farewell Dinner
January 9, 2021
• Return to USA
Sample Seminar Itinerary
Visit Bangkok, Thailand & Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam.
Experience cultural activities, free time to explore, and a variety of outdoor excursions.
Participate in city tours to see the most well-known attractions, including the Damnoen Floating Market and more.
Learn from business executives at global companies such as the American Chamber of Commerce, Intel, and more.
View international business practices in a variety of industries, including finance, marketing, economics, and more.
Experience an opportunity to network with executives, like-minded students, and university professors.
Stay in 4-star hotels with front-lobby security.
Enjoy pre-departure advising as well as faculty support to ensure you are prepared before and throughout the seminar.
IBS organizes all your travel details to allow you to focus on learning from business leaders, building relationships, and enjoying your free time.
During the program
International company seminars
Experienced and dedicated US faculty leaders to provide guidance, insight, and direction
4-star hotel accommodations; shared room with private facilities (single room options may be available at supplemental cost)
Sightseeing and unique activities
Transportation from location to location
Travel and medical/accident insurance
Daily breakfast buffet
24-hour emergency support
International airfare, arrangements, and airport pickup (optional)
Personal advisor to help you with questions, concerns, processes
Easy online access to academic reading materials, travel tips, and program itinerary
Luggage tags and an allowance for a checked luggage item
After returning home
Access to our Alumni & Professional Network
Receive an Alumni Scholarship for a future IBS program
Gain valuable business experience for your resume and career