About Winter South America
The Winter South America program is an opportunity for both graduate and undergraduate students looking to expand their international business education outside of the traditional classroom. Learn on location in both Argentina and Chile.
Argentina is a key global agricultural goods producer. Soybean exports alone totaled over $8B in 2019. Shale oil is also a major product from the country. Opportunities in one of the region's largest economies abound, causing Argentina to reflect a great diversity of people and cultures.
Chile enjoys recognition as a regional leader thanks to historical stability and transparency. Major sectors include copper, energy, and agriculture that benefit from strong trade agreements, such as the U.S.-Chile FTA and APEC membership.
While traveling abroad, students will learn about South American culture, history, customs, politics, and international business practices. Most importantly, students will observe how these business practices are different from the United States.
1/1/2024 - 1/13/2024
Buenos Aires, Argentina and Santiago, Chile
• Depart USA
• Arrive in Buenos Aires and transfer to hotel
• Half day city tour of Buenos Aires: La Bombonera Stadium, Caminito, Recoleta Cemetery, etc.
• Orientation with guest speaker on Argentina's history, culture, and business etiquette
• Business Visit: U.S. Embassy Official presentation
• Welcome Dinner at La Ventana and Tango show to follow
• Business Visit: Grupo Financiero Galicia
• Business Visit: Deloitte
• Business Visit: Globant
• Cultural Visit: Teatro Colon tour, followed by performance
• Day Excursion: Tigre Boat Tour & Explore Puerto de Tigre
• Transfer to airport and depart to Santiago
• Santiago city orientation & pass out BIP cards
• Business visit: U.S. Embassy Official presentation
• Business visit: Coca Cola or similar
• Business visit: Buk: Software de Recursos Humanos
• Cultural Visit: Museum of Memory and Human Rights
• Business visit: Fundación Chile
• Business visit: Concha y Toro
• Day Trip to Valparaiso and Vina del Mar
• City Tour: Valparaiso
• Lunch: Cafe Turri
• City Tour: Vina del Mar
• Free day to enjoy Santiago
• Farewell Dinner: Liguria
• Optional Activities: Sky Costaners, etc.
• Wrap-up & Debriefing session
• Evening flight return to USA
Sample Seminar Itinerary
Stay in Buenos Aires, Argentina and Santiago, Chile.
Experience cultural activities, free time to explore, and a variety of outdoor excursions.
Participate in city tours to see the most well-known attractions, including a Tango show, Valparaiso, and more.
Learn from business executives at global companies such as the Fundación Chile, Deloitte, and more.
View international business practices in a variety of industries, including ecotourism, marketing, economics, and more.
Experience an opportunity to network with global executives, like-minded students, and university professors.
Stay in 4-star hotels with front-lobby security.
Enjoy pre-departure advising as well as faculty support to ensure you are prepared before and throughout the seminar.
IBS organizes all your travel details to allow you to focus on learning from business leaders, building relationships, and enjoying your free time.
During the program
International company seminars
Experienced and dedicated US faculty leaders to provide guidance, insight, and direction
4-star hotel accommodations; shared room with private facilities (single room options may be available at supplemental cost)
Sightseeing and unique activities
Transportation from location to location
Travel and medical/accident insurance
Daily breakfast buffet
24-hour emergency support
International airfare, arrangements, and airport pickup (optional)
Personal advisor to help you with questions, concerns, processes
Easy online access to academic reading materials, travel tips, and program itinerary
Luggage tags and an allowance for a checked luggage item
After returning home
Access to our Alumni & Professional Network
Receive an Alumni Scholarship for a future IBS program
Gain valuable business experience for your resume and career