About Summer Australia
The Summer Australia Seminar is packed with incredible opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students looking to expand their international business education outside of the traditional classroom. While traveling abroad, students will learn about Australian culture, history, customs, politics, and international business practices. Most importantly, students will observe how these business practices are different from the United States.
7/19 - 7/31/2023
Sydney and Cairns
• Depart USA
• Transpacific flight
• Arrive in Sydney
• Meet & Greet Your Colleagues Event
• Short Orientation & Sydney City Tour
• Sydney Opera House Tour
• Captain Cook Lunch Cruise on Sydney Harbor
• Free day to enjoy Sydney
• Business Visit: U.S. Commercial Service - Economic Briefing & Services to U.S. Companies
• Business Visit: EY – Consulting, Acquisitions & Taxation
• Business Visit: Reserve Bank of Australia – Australian Economic Overview
• Travel to Cairns
• Short City Tour
• Business Visit: Advance Cairns Economic Development - Economic Overview of Cairns
• Business Visit: Cairns Regional Council / Pacific Hotel Cairns - Hospitality, International Marketing & Tourism
• James Cook University Lecture or Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
• Business Visit: Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures – Commercial Leather Farming
• Great Barrier Reef Excursion
• Free day
• Wrap Up Session & Farewell Dinner
• Return to USA or Start Independent Travel
Sample Seminar Itinerary
Visit Sydney and Cairns, Australia.
Experience cultural activities, free time to explore, and a variety of outdoor excursions.
Participate in city tours to see the most well-known attractions, including the Sydney Opera House, the Great Barrier Reef, and more.
Learn from business executives at global companies such as Ernst & Young, the Reserve Bank of Australia, and more.
View international business practices in a variety of industries, including finance, marketing, economics, and more.
Experience an opportunity to network with global executives, like-minded students, and university professors.
Stay in 4-star hotels with front-lobby security.
Enjoy pre-departure advising as well as faculty support to ensure you are prepared before and throughout the seminar.
IBS organizes all your travel details to allow you to focus on learning from business leaders, building relationships, and enjoying your free time.
During the program
International company seminars
Experienced and dedicated US faculty leaders to provide guidance, insight, and direction
4-star hotel accommodations; shared room with private facilities (single room options may be available at supplemental cost)
Sightseeing and unique activities
Transportation from location to location
Travel and medical/accident insurance
Daily breakfast buffet
24-hour emergency support
International airfare, arrangements, and airport pickup (optional)
Personal advisor to help you with questions, concerns, processes
Easy online access to academic reading materials, travel tips, and program itinerary
Luggage tags and an allowance for a checked luggage item
After returning home
Access to our Alumni & Professional Network
Receive an Alumni Scholarship for a future IBS program
Gain valuable business experience for your resume and career