San José's Metallic School
About Winter Costa Rica
The Winter Costa Rica program is an opportunity for both graduate and undergraduate students looking to expand their international business education outside of the traditional classroom.
Although the country is small and it covers only 0.03 percent of the surface of the globe, it proudly shelters 5 percent of the existing biodiversity in the entire world. Twenty-six percent of the country is composed of conservation and natural protected territory. Visit the Irazú Volcano, La Fortuna Waterfall, and learn from corporate leaders in biodiversity, economics, and ecotourism.
While traveling abroad, students will learn about Central American culture, history, customs, politics, and international business practices. Most importantly, students will observe how these business practices are different from the United States.
12/31/2021 - 1/9/2022
San José, La Fortuna, and
Rincon de la Vieja
Dec 31, 2021
• Depart USA
• Arrive in San José and transfer to hotel
• Health & Safety Orientation
Jan 1, 2022
• Day trip to Irazú Volcano National Park with Lunch
• Lankester Botanical Garden
• Travel to the Arenal Volcano via Sarapiqui
• Heart of Palm Tour
• Group Lunch
• Cocoa Plantation Tour
• Excursion to La Fortuna Waterfall
• Hanging Bridges Tour
• Cooking Class with local ingredients
• Business Visit: Las Pumas Rescue Center – Ecotourism
• Business Visit: AdAstra Rocket Company – Costa Rica and Space
• Day Tour of the Rincón de la Vieja area
• Travel back to San José
• Business Visit: Costa Rica Tourism Board – Ecotourism
• Business Visit: Swiss Travel – Ecotourism Tour Provider
• Business Visit: Allergan – Pharmaceutical Production and Distribution
• Business Visit: IBM – Cloud computing and security
• San José City Tour
• Business Visit: Hacienda Alsacia Starbucks Coffee Farm – Economic and Social Effects of the Export Industry
• Farewell Dinner
• COVID Testing
• Return to USA
Sample Seminar Itinerary
Stay in San José, La Fortuna and Rincon de la Vieja .
Experience cultural activities, free time to explore, and a variety of outdoor excursions.
Participate in city tours to see the most well-known attractions, including La Fortuna Waterfall, the Hanging Bridges, and more.
Learn from business executives at global companies such as the Hacienda Alsacia Starbucks Coffee Farm, IBM, and more.
View international business practices in a variety of industries, including ecotourism, marketing, economics, and more.
Experience an opportunity to network with global executives, like-minded students, and university professors.
Stay in 4-star hotels with front-lobby security.
Enjoy pre-departure advising as well as faculty support to ensure you are prepared before and throughout the seminar.
IBS organizes all your travel details to allow you to focus on learning from business leaders, building relationships, and enjoying your free time.
During the program
International company seminars
Experienced and dedicated US faculty leaders to provide guidance, insight, and direction
4-star hotel accommodations; shared room with private facilities (single room options may be available at supplemental cost)
Sightseeing and unique activities
Transportation from location to location
Travel and medical/accident insurance
Daily breakfast buffet
24-hour emergency support
International airfare, arrangements, and airport pickup (optional)
Personal advisor to help you with questions, concerns, processes
Easy online access to academic reading materials, travel tips, and program itinerary
Luggage tags and an allowance for a checked luggage item
After returning home
Access to our Alumni & Professional Network
Receive an Alumni Scholarship for a future IBS program
Gain valuable business experience for your resume and career